Posted by: dbradbury | January 12, 2010

Unfortunate fire in our Neighbourhood

At 8 am this morning a fire broke out in a 130 year old apartment building across the street from the Westin Nova Scotian.  Eighteen apartments, (including 23 tenants) and three long standing Halifax restaurants (Cafe Chianti, Tomavinos & Taj Mahal) have been vacated indefinitely.

We quickly came to the aid of our neighbours with food & shelter.  Several people and their pets will be staying with us for the night.  Helping out and how to do so was never a question.

Read the full story and local comments on CBC news.

A view from the 11th floor of the Westin this morning.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: